Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Family Photos

As a brief interlude between blog posts, I thought I would share some of our family photos we took over Fourth of July weekend.  One of the most beautiful things about my job is sharing in your big events and intimate family moments, and because of this, I feel inclined to share mine with you.  These photos are of everyone on my mom's side of the family - grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course my brother, Josh, my parents, and Ben.  Shockingly, we had never had a family photo with everyone involved, which seemed particularly shameful with Ben and myself as photographers.  I was so thankful that we could get everyone's schedules to work together for a brief hour so that we could have an opportunity to document the family I love so dearly.

The property on which we did the photoshoot was where my grandfather grew up.  The farm was bought in 1907 and the house in the photos was built in 1920 by my grandpa's grandpa, Mathias Berns, and for many years functioned as an orchard and dairy farm.  Since then, many of my family members have lived there for different parts of their lives, myself included.  Throughout the summer, we all gather together for festivals and Birthday parties always managing to turn them into big events and holidays.  We have campfires, climb trees, play on the old rope swings, drive a multitude of wild vehicles through the fields, and join together for Grandma's famous chicken dinners, and Grandpa's relaxed barbecues.  Writing about it now, I'm counting the days until our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment